equipping & mentoring
Every partner of a pregnancy patient is treated as a patient when he comes through our doors. Apart from the mother, the father holds the most influence over the mother's decision whether to parent or abort. With the mother, he also is the greatest influencer of the child as the child grows. The father's importance cannot be overstated in the overall health of a child and the strength of the family. ZoeCare, therefore, strongly believes that we have a duty to pour Jesus' life into the men that come to our office.
Fatherlessness is at epidemic proportions in this country. Here are some of the many direct results of growing up without a father in the home:
- A child is 10x more likely to be physically abused.
- A girl is 7x more likely to get pregnant as a teen.
- A child is 6x more likely to suffer neglect.
- A child is 4x more likely to have a mood disorder such as depression or anxiety.
- A child is 4x more likely to live in poverty.
- A child is 2x more likely to grow up to live in poverty as an adult.
- A child is 2x more likely to die as an infant.
- A child is 2x less likely to be physically fit and more likely to suffer from certain illnesses such as asthma.
- A child is 2x more likely to repeat a grade.
Here are some additional facts regarding the scope of fatherlessness in America:
- 1/5 of all children in the U.S. live with just one parent, or about 20 million (nearly 90% of those with only their mother).
- 87.7% of Baby Boomers grew up in intact families; today's children, just 68.1%.
- 90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
- 90% of adolescent repeat arsonists are from fatherless homes.
- 85% of youths in prisons are from fatherless homes.
- 80% of rapists motivated by displaced anger are from fatherless homes.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.
ZoeCare tackles fatherlessness by stressing a dad's importance to the dads and equipping them with the tools they need to succeed at fatherhood. Through our beingDAD program, we provide them with an older father who can walk through the tough times and encourage them that they can succeed. We are building good fathers through pouring our lives into theirs. We are building families and the community in the Gallatin Valley by strengthening fatherhood.
What to help? Become a mentor!
86% of women who see an ultrasound image of their unborn child choose life.
ZoeCare is with new moms from the beginning of their journey.
STI/STD Testing & Treatment
Undiagnosed STDs cause infertility in about 24,000 women per year in the U.S.
Sweet Cheeks: diaper ministry
Providing free diapers to patients for six months.
45North: Relationship Training
Relationship training in the public schools and churches.
safe harbor: churches
Training to minister effectively to those in the church facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Support for new moms through their pregnancy by older, experienced mothers.
Fighting fatherlessness by building good fathers through one-on-one relationships.